Highlighted

Index - Side Index

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, i'm creating a document using the page structure like the image below.

Example.jpg

So the idea is to have the index of the left side of the document always present and highlight the current page.

The index was easily generated as supposed and it is fully working no problems so far but can't get a way to automatically highlight the current page index.

Is there any way to do it? Is this even possible to do automatically?

I'm using Adobe Indesign 2020

Regards,

Guilherme

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Index - Side Index

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, i'm creating a document using the page structure like the image below.

Example.jpg

So the idea is to have the index of the left side of the document always present and highlight the current page.

The index was easily generated as supposed and it is fully working no problems so far but can't get a way to automatically highlight the current page index.

Is there any way to do it? Is this even possible to do automatically?

I'm using Adobe Indesign 2020

Regards,

Guilherme

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before we come up with a complicated run-time solution that does this automatically (because it's not really a built-in thing):

Are you sure it's not doable to do manually? Your image shows only a few pages. Do you expect to be adding or deleting entire pages, or move them around?

With that out of the way 🙂 If you happen to have the font "Chartwell Bars" (no need to browse your system; you'd know if you did because it's a commercial font), it might be possible to utilize the Amazing Moving Side Tabs Trick from Colin "The Flash" Flashman: https://indesignsecrets.com/moving-side-tabs-using-only-one-master-page-and-chartwell-bars.php

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @_Jongware_  thanks for such quick answer. Actually that was just for the example, the real one has a few more pages. 

Yes i've check the font "Chartwell Bars" trick but to be honest i thought there was a feature that could automatically detect the current page or in this case 'current topic' and highlight it with a specific colour. 

In any case if anyone have had the same issue and was able to make any workaround, be free do share it 🙂

Thanks for your help, appreciated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2020 0