Highlighted

Indexing no page numbers showing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to creat an index in InDesign. I have a 120 book all pages combined. When I create a new topic the word appears but doesn't give me an option to 'add all' and I don't get page numbers after the word. Can you suggest a method. I'm in the latest Indesign CC.
TOPICS
How to, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indexing no page numbers showing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to creat an index in InDesign. I have a 120 book all pages combined. When I create a new topic the word appears but doesn't give me an option to 'add all' and I don't get page numbers after the word. Can you suggest a method. I'm in the latest Indesign CC.
TOPICS
How to, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having issues here. Does anyone have a suggestion. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new topic

Indexing is a three- to four-step process—it sound like you are perhaps still on step 1 or 2?

1. Create a topic list (optional)
  2. Add index markers.
  3. Generate the index.
  4. Flow the index story.

For a step-by-step guide on how to create an index in InDesign, see:https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/creating-index.html.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
KenCen2 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the trick is to first click on Find/Change, add the word, find the first use of the word in the document, then go to index and create a new entry. This will find the word and the pages it's located on. Sometime the word appears multiple times so the listing shows that, like 5 times on pahe 98, not sure how to change that but I'm sure I can fix that after I generate the index into my indesign layout. I'm making a 'simple' index. So there!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0