• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IndexMatic Pro upgrade for InDesign 2021???

Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign was just upgraded (without any advance warning) to 2021, and my IndexMatic Pro script no longer runs. Are there any IndexMatic users out there? I can't find any way to reach the company (Indiscripts) except trying to reach Marc Autret on Twitter, which didn't get a response.

This is pretty urgent, as I'm just finishing a book and the Index is the last piece. Any help hugely appreciated.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

If you have your previous version still installed you can work with that or just install it again:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

If you already saved your document in 2021 you have to save a idml to open it in a older version.

And you probably should disable auto update 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your previous version still installed you can work with that or just install it again:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

If you already saved your document in 2021 you have to save a idml to open it in a older version.

And you probably should disable auto update 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll save my docs to idml and run the index from InD 2020. AND
turn off auto upgrade!!!

--

*Susan Culligan*
Culligan Design & Type
culligandesignandtype.com
culligantype@gmail.com
831-234-5520

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you means, it no longer run? Nothing, or an error message.
Try deleting your InDesign prefereneces files.

The script seems to works fine for me here in CC2021. Do you have the latest version of it [IndexMatic Pro 2.032]?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's anything like SonarBookends' indexing plugin, it will not work with 2021. I just found this out with mine and was told I would have to purchase an update to make it work with 2021 (I just bought an update to make it work with 2020!). Needless to say, I'm keeping 2020 so that I can create indexes without having to pay. I find it irritating that these updates keep happening and causing issues like this, but the updates themselves don't really make things better with InDesign. It's like they're updating just to try to make it seem like we're getting our money's worth or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines