• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indicator not selectable

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I cannot select the indicator for the page number when I click on it. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

If you're on a master page which is based on another master page, you can't selecting them without overriding master page items. Holding down Cmd+Shift (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift (Windows), lets you do an override so they can be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page numbers are almost always created on a master page. Open up your Pages panel and observe what page you're on. Then look at the letter at the corner of your current page. In my example page 2 which has the A master page applied  because it shows an "A".

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 9.33.46 AM.png

At the top of the Pages panel (above the line separating the master pages and the document pages), double-click on the A master page to view it. Here you can set the page number (it uses a "marker" to represent the page number):

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 9.34.09 AM.png

It sounds like you're a beginner, and you should take advantage of some more information about how Master Pages work.

A good choice would the the InDesign Essentials LinkedIn Learning class by David Blatner (free trial for 30 days):

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-2020-essential-training/indesign-learn-the-fundamentals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But I'm working with master pages. A few hours ago it was functioning; now the numbers of pages disappear and I cannot insert them anymore. I thought it was the new version, but nothing changed when I get back to the previous one. So, my problem still. I cannot select the indicator even if I follow the given suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're on a master page which is based on another master page, you can't selecting them without overriding master page items. Holding down Cmd+Shift (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift (Windows), lets you do an override so they can be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines