• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inline Images above chapter heads pulled into creating TOC

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the creation of the chapter pages of a book for eventual export to epub, I had anchored some images inline above each title. It was the only way I could get the title to stay undeneath the image (if I didn't, the title would appear above the image instead). When I went to create the TOC using the TOC function, it pulled all the images into the creation of the TOC. Is there a way to not have it do that? I had to manually delete them while restyling the TOC. I imagine it would have to do with not checking the "make text anchors in paragraphs" box, but isn't that box essential to creating a linkable TOC? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Import and export , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

"...when the anchored object position is set to “Custom,” the anchored object will not pull into your TOC. Setting the graphic to “Inline or Above Line” is the ONLY way to get the thumbnail to pull into the auto-generating TOC."

https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-incorporate-chapter-thumbnail-images-into-an-auto-generating-table-of-contents.php

So working backwards—the article is about how to add the image to the TOC—change the anchoring position to custom. You can still put the image above t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...when the anchored object position is set to “Custom,” the anchored object will not pull into your TOC. Setting the graphic to “Inline or Above Line” is the ONLY way to get the thumbnail to pull into the auto-generating TOC."

https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-incorporate-chapter-thumbnail-images-into-an-auto-generating-tabl...

So working backwards—the article is about how to add the image to the TOC—change the anchoring position to custom. You can still put the image above the chapter titles. Read how here:https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/anchored-objects.html.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barb, 

Thanks so much for the info and the links. I'll have to practice based on those tutorials just to get an idea of how it's done, but in the meantime for deadline's sake I just wound up having to delete each image from the TOC, restyling, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines