Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inline images get repeated twice in epub

Participant ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a reflowable EPUB 3.0 from ID 16.3.2 

I have a simple book in which I am rasterizing the container of the half- title and title pages. The book exports fine but the half-title (first page) is repeating twice in succession, then the title page art is in the correct spot, but then repeats at the end of the book. Both of these text boxes are anchored in the text flow. 

I'm rasterizing these pages because I want the special fonts and design preserved even in Kindle (which would not support those fonts). 

EDIT: To confuse me more—it's actually creating TWO instances of the images in the images folder. Why? I have used the Rasterize container option the Object Export Options. What have I done wrong??

I've done this many times, but this is the first time I've experienced this repeating issue. 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Ah. OK. I figured out my issue. I had rasterized the parent text box, not the grouped text boxes that made up my title page design. When I instead chose the anchored group it exported only one copy of the page image. Whew. 

So, good to know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. OK. I figured out my issue. I had rasterized the parent text box, not the grouped text boxes that made up my title page design. When I instead chose the anchored group it exported only one copy of the page image. Whew. 

So, good to know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SueCampbell54 So glad you figured it out and thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines