• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert MP4 Video into Indesign with a transparent background

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to animate a "self writing effect", so i have created in Adobe After Effects a video with this effect. I have exported this video without a background - transparent background. Now is the question, is it possible to get this video (mp4 file) without a background - transparent background - into indesign?
Till now it happens, if i import this video it shows a black background.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

I don't believe MP4 supports transparency.

I would follow Laubender's advice, although I would export out from ID as PNG at twice the resolution you need. Put everything together in Premiere Pro and export to MP4. (PPro will support AE's transparency.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no format I know of that InDesign can export to that will support an alpha channel in video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

can't you use a screenshot from InDesign as background in your AfterEffects' project?

Or a rendered PDF of the page you want to place the video to?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe MP4 supports transparency.

I would follow Laubender's advice, although I would export out from ID as PNG at twice the resolution you need. Put everything together in Premiere Pro and export to MP4. (PPro will support AE's transparency.)

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, i will give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to be able to add a transparent video (annimated title from Ae) into my Indd project - did you find a way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to do the same, has anyone figured out how to import a transparent video (AE render .mov) on InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines