Highlighted

Insert pages into doc with multiple master pages.

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have a document of 20-30 pages with a primary text frame running through the entire document. 

There are two different Master Pages applied in the doc (one for bullet points, one for quotes).  When I want to insert a page within the document, the text moves but the underlying Master template does not.  So I end up with my bullet points being reformatted into the Quote Master; and my quuotes being formatted according to Bullet Master. 

How can I get the underlying Master Page to move with the text when I insert a new page?

Thanks for any help...

Glen

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Insert pages into doc with multiple master pages.

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have a document of 20-30 pages with a primary text frame running through the entire document. 

There are two different Master Pages applied in the doc (one for bullet points, one for quotes).  When I want to insert a page within the document, the text moves but the underlying Master template does not.  So I end up with my bullet points being reformatted into the Quote Master; and my quuotes being formatted according to Bullet Master. 

How can I get the underlying Master Page to move with the text when I insert a new page?

Thanks for any help...

Glen

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 06, 2020 0
Guide ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show some screen shots? I'm having trouble imagining what a master page for bullets and one for quotes looks like, and why you would need a separate master page for that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.  I think I just solved it ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glen,

Glad to hear you were able to solve your issue. Would you be able to share the solution?
It'll help users with similar concern.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I simply inserted a page with the required master in the document.  The problem with this was that the page was not a part of the primary text flow.  The text flow jumped this newly-inserted page. 

To get the new page as part of the primary text flow, I just threaded the text from the preceeding text box into the new text box. 

Thanks for replying. Such a simple fix.  I love it when I feel so stoopid...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0