Exit

inserting formatted characters

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends!

Question:

I have a certain group of characters that I need to insert in different places in my doc. These chars have special formatting, one is green, one blue etc

Is there a way I can store them in a list somewhere and insert them as required without having to type and format each char. separately.

Thank you all

Susan

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

You could add grep styles to your paragraph styles that apply the required character styles automatically on those characters.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plz excuse my ignorance, but won't a grep style format all chars that match that criteria with the formatted one? I need to replace certain "b" [but not all] with a blue "b" and certain "r" [but not all] with red ones...

thank you for your patients...

Sue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show something.

And please describe the "rule" when should be what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned by @pixxxelschubser unless we know the rules to identify which character is the chosen one and which is not we can only provide a generic solution

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines