Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insertion texte en extendScript

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking for an extendScript syntax for Indesign that can insert the text "PageHeader" in a paragraph of each page. My document is long and all the blocks are linked. The purpose is to transform them into ID for an index match via a VBA under word. I usually place this text one by one. This syntax would make my job easier. If anyone can help me. Thank you

Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

The following snippet will add the text at the start of the first paragraph. To run it select the textframe in which you want to add the text

var tf = app.selection[0]
tf.paragraphs[0].insertionPoints[0].contents = "PageHeader "

To change the position of insertion you can change the index of the insertionPoints collection.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thierry Poulet,

Some questions

• How to identify the paragraph in which this text is to be inserted?
  • At what position in the paragraph is the insertion to be made?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manan and thank you for your help,

Mon texte doit-être positionné n'importe où dans le premier paragraphe du bloc. Ce texte va être transformé en <span class="index" href="#index_0xxx"></span> donc invisible.

Thierry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following snippet will add the text at the start of the first paragraph. To run it select the textframe in which you want to add the text

var tf = app.selection[0]
tf.paragraphs[0].insertionPoints[0].contents = "PageHeader "

To change the position of insertion you can change the index of the insertionPoints collection.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super !

Merci beaucoup pour ton aide. Je vais tenter avec ça de faire une boucle afin d'automatiser la procédure.

Je t'envoie le résultat dès que j'aurais fini.

Encore merci

Amicalement

Thierry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines