Highlighted

Inspectable Web Contents not working. Shows empty page

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing an error when I open the chrome debugger:

inspector.js:2964 Uncaught TypeError: document.registerElement is not a function

And the following warnings:

DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.preload.js.map
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.postload.js.map

This was working fine yesterday. I have the feeling that Chrome updated automatically and something changed. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.14.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.12.38 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Scripting, SDK, Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Inspectable Web Contents not working. Shows empty page

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing an error when I open the chrome debugger:

inspector.js:2964 Uncaught TypeError: document.registerElement is not a function

And the following warnings:

DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.preload.js.map
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/include.postload.js.map

This was working fine yesterday. I have the feeling that Chrome updated automatically and something changed. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.14.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.12.38 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Scripting, SDK, Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 06, 2020 1
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue right now. GatsbyJS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get around this problem by installing a previous version of Chromium (it runs as a separate app). I am not sure this is the best solution but it works.

In my case I am using a mac and got Version 79.0.3945.0 from here:

https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?prefix=Mac/706915/

I believe you can find other versions here:

https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html

This page explains how to find a version:

https://techjourney.net/how-to-download-install-previous-old-version-of-google-chrome/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 2
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the same problem here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets see whether this gets updated in latest version of chrome probably with v81.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got teh same last week due to the (auto)update to chrome v80+ which broke this.  Installing chromium at v79.xxx as described is a good solution.

Although it looks as if chromium v80 is starting to be the default install for many package managers (linux) so I have setup a virtual box VM (using a vagrant cloud box) with ubuntu 14.04 and chrome v65 or v79 etc. with updates turned off.  Now I can debug older platforms without compromising my own installed browsers.  Hope this helps (and hope even more that Google reintroduce support)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

remove any ad blockers and then do a hard reload

had the same issue, worked for me after disabling ad blocker (chrome extension)

Hope this helps !!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was having the same problem, the solution with Chromium 79 works, BUT the sourcemaps doesn't. You should try this alternative solution which worked pretty well for me : devTools + sourcemaps are back !

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/adobe-extension-debuger-problem/m-p/10923268?page=1#M4544...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0