Highlighted

Installed font shows as missing in InDesign 2020 on macOS 10.15.4

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked through this forum and couldn't seem to find this same problem.

Mac OSX 10.154

InDesign CC (current version)

NO font management software installed on system

Problem is the installed fonts tend to go "missing," Missing = displayed as pink highlighted text and show as not installed in ID font panel.

Here are some scenarios that trigger the problem:

- Working on a document and everything is fine. Open a second document and the first document will suddenly show several fonts as missing.

- Working on a document and everything is fine. Copy several items. Paste those items into a second open document. The pasted text will appear as "missing." (Original document shows fonts as okay).

- Close a document that has no font issues. Reopen that document (ID has not quit). Several fonts will show as missing. If I close and reopen that document, the fonts will eventually display properly and who as installed.

This happens randomly and on various fonts. Most common is with some Helvetica and Gotham variants. 

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Installed font shows as missing in InDesign 2020 on macOS 10.15.4

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked through this forum and couldn't seem to find this same problem.

Mac OSX 10.154

InDesign CC (current version)

NO font management software installed on system

Problem is the installed fonts tend to go "missing," Missing = displayed as pink highlighted text and show as not installed in ID font panel.

Here are some scenarios that trigger the problem:

- Working on a document and everything is fine. Open a second document and the first document will suddenly show several fonts as missing.

- Working on a document and everything is fine. Copy several items. Paste those items into a second open document. The pasted text will appear as "missing." (Original document shows fonts as okay).

- Close a document that has no font issues. Reopen that document (ID has not quit). Several fonts will show as missing. If I close and reopen that document, the fonts will eventually display properly and who as installed.

This happens randomly and on various fonts. Most common is with some Helvetica and Gotham variants. 

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're so sorry to hear about this issue. A similar issue has been reported by a few other users as well and our Product team is working on it. 

I would request if you can upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39867358-major-system-f...) and add your comments. This way you'll get all the updates related to this issue.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0