Highlighted

Installed InDesign on new Mac and it won't open files

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new MacBook Pro. I've installed my Adobe apps, but InDesign isn't working properly. When I try to open a document, it doesn't load. All I see is the very top menu bar.  I've tried multiple files and keep having the same result.  It isn't giving me any kind of error message. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you!

Hi there! Sorry for the delay. My issue has been resolved. A simple restart! Not sure why I didn't think of that at the start. Thanks for following up!

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Installed InDesign on new Mac and it won't open files

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new MacBook Pro. I've installed my Adobe apps, but InDesign isn't working properly. When I try to open a document, it doesn't load. All I see is the very top menu bar.  I've tried multiple files and keep having the same result.  It isn't giving me any kind of error message. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you!

Hi there! Sorry for the delay. My issue has been resolved. A simple restart! Not sure why I didn't think of that at the start. Thanks for following up!

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

Sorry to hear about this. That's definitely not a typical experience with InDesign. Before we start troubleshooting, I would need a few more details. For example:

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

can you create new documents, save them and open them after closing them?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you were able to get your problem fixed.  If you have any other troubles,  by all means, reach out

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0