Highlighted

Installing Indesign/Illustrator CC 2018 in 2020

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Me and my colleagues are working with Indesign/Illustrator CC 2018 on our company's iMacs. Our system is MacOS Sierra.

I recently purchased a new MacBook to work from home sometimes, but now I can only download Indesign/Illustrator CC 2019 or 2020 to it. Is there a possibility to still download Indesign/Illustrator CC 2018, maybe via a direct download link from Adobe?

To specify further: We are using the 2018 versions because most of our clients cannot open newer versions. We can't really ask all of our clients to upgrade their computers and softwares. Sending the files to them as .idml is also not an option, as the layout sometimes changes from the .indd files and it's just going to create extra workload for us.

Thanks in advance!

Irina

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Irina,

Adobe recommends and officially supports only the latest two versions of a Creative Cloud application, hence you can only see 2019 and 2020.

However there are links available for download of older versions that might work, try the following webpage and see if you are in luck

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Also makes sure to not respond to anyone who might contact you with a link for these installers, they could be scammers. The link i provided downloads from the Adobe servers, if these links don't work then be assured that Adobe has stopped access

-Manan

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Installing Indesign/Illustrator CC 2018 in 2020

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Me and my colleagues are working with Indesign/Illustrator CC 2018 on our company's iMacs. Our system is MacOS Sierra.

I recently purchased a new MacBook to work from home sometimes, but now I can only download Indesign/Illustrator CC 2019 or 2020 to it. Is there a possibility to still download Indesign/Illustrator CC 2018, maybe via a direct download link from Adobe?

To specify further: We are using the 2018 versions because most of our clients cannot open newer versions. We can't really ask all of our clients to upgrade their computers and softwares. Sending the files to them as .idml is also not an option, as the layout sometimes changes from the .indd files and it's just going to create extra workload for us.

Thanks in advance!

Irina

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Irina,

Adobe recommends and officially supports only the latest two versions of a Creative Cloud application, hence you can only see 2019 and 2020.

However there are links available for download of older versions that might work, try the following webpage and see if you are in luck

Also makes sure to not respond to anyone who might contact you with a link for these installers, they could be scammers. The link i provided downloads from the Adobe servers, if these links don't work then be assured that Adobe has stopped access

-Manan

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Irina,

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 1