Highlighted

Interacactive pdf buttons not working in Google Drive

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to create an interactive PDF to send out through Whatsapp. All the buttons work on desktop, but when opened in whatsapp (by default, in Google Drive) the buttons do not work. All external links work but not document internal ones. I've attached the doc for perusal. Please help!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant
That type of thing is only reliable in Acrobat and Reader on a desktop. Beyond that it's a complete crapshoot.

Best to rethink this project.
TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interacactive pdf buttons not working in Google Drive

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to create an interactive PDF to send out through Whatsapp. All the buttons work on desktop, but when opened in whatsapp (by default, in Google Drive) the buttons do not work. All external links work but not document internal ones. I've attached the doc for perusal. Please help!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant
That type of thing is only reliable in Acrobat and Reader on a desktop. Beyond that it's a complete crapshoot.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aah bugger. I hope the tech can catch up sometime soon. It actually used to work back in 2017 - before the default was google drive. Tried internal hyperlinks too, but no joy.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with @BobLevine, best to reconsider workflow, since you can't ensure everyone's using Adobe Reader. Have you considered Publish Online? It supports all of InDesign's interactive features, and can be viewed on any browser. Here are some examples of some really creative interactive documents published via Publish Online: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 1
joji42 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, not exactly sure how it works but. I've tried it before but it got stuck at 9% uploaded for a whole day (the file was tiny). Hoping it works this time or will have to redo.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0