Highlighted

interactive button text disappearing when overlapping INDESIGN

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am not very familiar with creating interactive PDF's but for this project I had to create a interactive map form our region where information gets visible when you click on your town. I have a clear structure, left side are all different schools, mid section is the map and the right is contact information. Interactive text sections on the right don't have any problem overlapping. (I have to overlap to show/hide the info). But on the left I can't seem to get this function to work. Everytime I place a text section above another, (butons that link to contact information) the text dissapears in both fields and the plus icon appears. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?probleem.jpg

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

Buttons are always rectangular. You'll never get this to work properly in a PDF.

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

interactive button text disappearing when overlapping INDESIGN

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am not very familiar with creating interactive PDF's but for this project I had to create a interactive map form our region where information gets visible when you click on your town. I have a clear structure, left side are all different schools, mid section is the map and the right is contact information. Interactive text sections on the right don't have any problem overlapping. (I have to overlap to show/hide the info). But on the left I can't seem to get this function to work. Everytime I place a text section above another, (butons that link to contact information) the text dissapears in both fields and the plus icon appears. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?probleem.jpg

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

Buttons are always rectangular. You'll never get this to work properly in a PDF.

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the City names are clickable so that is no problem. Thanks for the advice anyway! My only problem is the overlapping situation...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot overlap buttons. There has to be some space between them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be better off using InDesign's Publish Online for this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0