• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Button that Updates Content Order for Interactive PDF Form

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know if this is possible or not. 

I have a catalog of plants I made for our architecture company. It is currently listed alphabetically. 

Would there be a way to create a button to be used in Acrobat where the reader selects it, and the document reorders itself from alphabetically to categorically?

Just as a hypothetical regarding structuring of layout, say I create two versions of the catalog. One listed alphabetically, and the other listed Categorically. 
I add a button to the first page that allows them to reorder the catalog, and somehow link it between both versions so it updates depending on how they want it ordered. 
Not sure if that is how it would be done if it is possible, but I wanted to share where my head was at.

I hope this makes sense.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

That is not something that can be done from InDesign. You can check in the Acrobat forum, but quite frankly this sounds like something better suited to a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is not something that can be done from InDesign. You can check in the Acrobat forum, but quite frankly this sounds like something better suited to a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines