• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive buttons not working when Publishing Online

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to make an interactive document that shows and hides images when pushing buttons. I have a button for showing the object, and one for hiding the same object. I notice that these buttons do not work when publishing online. Is there something I am missing here? 

I also see that animations do work when publishing online, but there is no option to hide an animation after it has been triggered, so this route doesn't work for my needs of hiding images after they've already been triggered. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 
Thank you 

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Hi all,

I actually figured this out! It turned out that the pre-made buttons you can insert into an InDesign page don't work (at least for me) when published to online. I had to turn objects into buttons, and those worked very well. 

In terms of animations, they work beautifully too online, but it has to again be with your own buttons, not the pre-made. I couldn't fade in an object with one button and fade it out with another, I could only fade it in with one button, and turn it off (meaning it s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I actually figured this out! It turned out that the pre-made buttons you can insert into an InDesign page don't work (at least for me) when published to online. I had to turn objects into buttons, and those worked very well. 

In terms of animations, they work beautifully too online, but it has to again be with your own buttons, not the pre-made. I couldn't fade in an object with one button and fade it out with another, I could only fade it in with one button, and turn it off (meaning it suddenly dissapears) with another. Too bad, it would have been nice to able to fade something in and then back out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joshua,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue. Thanks for sharing the observation with us. It'll help the users with the similar concern.

In addition to this, please check out this help article for more information about Publish Online. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines