• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive content limits in indesign

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How far can I go with creating interactive epub , if I am designing educational content, for need to embed questions for students with hidden answers, can they answer questions then check if there answers are correct? 

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

If you're having issues with in5 working, I would highly recommend contacting AJAR support: support@ajarproductions.com

They have some amazing people there answering questions (most of whom are also on this forum).

Justin Putney from AJAR, gave an in5 presentaion at our New Jersey Adobe User Group meeting earlier this week that could be of some help. Here's a link to the video of the presentstion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8bIYQHTR5A&feature=youtu.be&ck_subscriber_id=33841762
You may want

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

this is a totaly different thing from what you showed me. This is not what you are doing.

that would apply if you where making the quiz in Articulate or Captivate (which do support that drag and drop). export that file, host it, and do a web overlay frame in indesign to display that.

that is a totally different things from what you showed me earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found 19 pop ups inside a popup for an educational quiz was very glitchy.

would you like to share more so maybe we can provide you better feedback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joan, thanks for your reply on my questions, 

this interactive thing that is different one than the popoup web content, 

the i was asked by my client to add that popups, 

it is an educational book for students, so it has some exercises and activities, my client need some of these to be interactive, so the student will answer them in the epub and do a self check to see what are correct and what's not, the exercises are "multiple choices", "right or wrong" ," fill in the blanks" or "connect the related images"

I am asking if I can do these interactive quizzes  myself inside indesign Instead of adding in the popup 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i make these all the time. 

quizes are made via show and hide buttons.

show what you got?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a sample link to what I am trying to add in InDesign 

https://www.mauthor.com/present/6352080984473600

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is a drag and drop. you can't do that. not supported

you can do a show and hide version.

As in you ask the question, the user has options, a radio button next to each option. the user click the radio button to select the answer. you click submit and regardless what the user clicked you now show the correct answers.

what do you think about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the InDesign plug-in in5 (at extra cost) which produces HTML5 format from InDesign that can be read on almost all devices – PCs, Macs, Tablets and Smart Phones – and can include interactive content.

https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUX8PVxW9oQ
but I get error message "HTML Render timed out" 

I also bought the in5 plugin today but still no luck, I tried the pop-up window feature، used the adding web content as well but was not showing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is a totaly different thing from what you showed me. This is not what you are doing.

that would apply if you where making the quiz in Articulate or Captivate (which do support that drag and drop). export that file, host it, and do a web overlay frame in indesign to display that.

that is a totally different things from what you showed me earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having issues with in5 working, I would highly recommend contacting AJAR support: support@ajarproductions.com

They have some amazing people there answering questions (most of whom are also on this forum).

Justin Putney from AJAR, gave an in5 presentaion at our New Jersey Adobe User Group meeting earlier this week that could be of some help. Here's a link to the video of the presentstion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8bIYQHTR5A&feature=youtu.be&ck_subscriber_id=33841762
You may want to take a look at the Show/Hide Button feature for your popups as Jonathan recommended. It's far more likely to work. With this feature, you can use a button to turn on or off the visibility of other buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines