Highlighted

Interactive Export Issues: Hyperlinks and Animations

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to export a project that has hyperlinks as well as animations.

When I export as an interactive PDF, the hyperlinks work, but the animations don't (won't play, not even clickable)

When I publish to web, the animations work fine, but the hyperlinks don't (some have red dots and some green, but all seem to work fine as interactive pdf but not print pdf).

I tried a few things for both, but it seems like the issue is with the export... The ideal would be getting the animations to work on the interactive pdf so it could be sent out as a file rather than a link but any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Animations don't work on Interactive PDFs, and just use simple hyperlinks (not roll-over buttons). If you must have animations, use FXL ePub, InDesign's Publish Online or the InDesign plug-in (at extra cost) in5 https://ajarproductions.com

TOPICS
Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interactive Export Issues: Hyperlinks and Animations

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to export a project that has hyperlinks as well as animations.

When I export as an interactive PDF, the hyperlinks work, but the animations don't (won't play, not even clickable)

When I publish to web, the animations work fine, but the hyperlinks don't (some have red dots and some green, but all seem to work fine as interactive pdf but not print pdf).

I tried a few things for both, but it seems like the issue is with the export... The ideal would be getting the animations to work on the interactive pdf so it could be sent out as a file rather than a link but any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Animations don't work on Interactive PDFs, and just use simple hyperlinks (not roll-over buttons). If you must have animations, use FXL ePub, InDesign's Publish Online or the InDesign plug-in (at extra cost) in5 https://ajarproductions.com

TOPICS
Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 2