Highlighted

interactive form reversing text

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built an interactive form in hebrew and in english, both in the same form.

It was then exported to a PDF file so that our customers will be able to fill it.

Recieving the filled file back from the customers - in some cases the text was readable, but in others the text was reversed and therefor unreabable.

Is there an explanation I can give to the customer filling the file so that the texts will be readable in any case and in both languages? Or is there an action I should do to enable it?

Topics

How to, Import and export, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

interactive form reversing text

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built an interactive form in hebrew and in english, both in the same form.

It was then exported to a PDF file so that our customers will be able to fill it.

Recieving the filled file back from the customers - in some cases the text was readable, but in others the text was reversed and therefor unreabable.

Is there an explanation I can give to the customer filling the file so that the texts will be readable in any case and in both languages? Or is there an action I should do to enable it?

Topics

How to, Import and export, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
TAW LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.

But the first step in troubleshooting such a thing would be to analyze more precisely in which cases the text is reversed and in which cases it isn't. Does it happen only with a certain type of widget/form field? Has the RTL setting being correctly used in InDesign's Buttons and Forms panel? Etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines