Highlighted

Interactive Indesign--2 video embed questions

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an interactive indesign document with client-embedded mp4s. Most have a play button to start the play, and all is fine, but one is set to play on page load. On that page load mp4, there’s the hamburger menu of 3 dots where people can download the video. Client doesn’t want them to have that option. Any way to turn that off?

Also, on that autoplay video, I don’t want a white bar w/ a video controller/progress bar to appear underneaht it–and I don’t see it on the ones that don’t autoplay.

Any ideas on how to fix these two issues? (Using indesign cc 2020)

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interactive Indesign--2 video embed questions

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an interactive indesign document with client-embedded mp4s. Most have a play button to start the play, and all is fine, but one is set to play on page load. On that page load mp4, there’s the hamburger menu of 3 dots where people can download the video. Client doesn’t want them to have that option. Any way to turn that off?

Also, on that autoplay video, I don’t want a white bar w/ a video controller/progress bar to appear underneaht it–and I don’t see it on the ones that don’t autoplay.

Any ideas on how to fix these two issues? (Using indesign cc 2020)

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the format InDesign's Publish Online?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...but we also will need to do an epub. Any advice?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want a Fixed layout ePub?

Linkedin Learning have excellent step-by-step video tutorials, such as: 

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-cc-2018-epub/welcome

You can get a 30-day free trial.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we're definitely doing fixed layout. Right now, we're only doing Publish Online and will at a later date create a fixed epub. The bigger issue is how I remove the playbar from the autoplay video that comes up on publish online, and how I prevent people from downloading the video. I have access to the online learning, and I have been trying to find a solution to these two issues, but to no avail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want anyone downloading it, you don't put it on the internet!
As for the play controls, if I understand you correctly, those are browser related.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not going on the internet! It's a "publish online" indesign file (which means there's a link that's private). And no, these are not browser-related controls. after looking online, it seems there are two solutions--one is to make a gif file instead of an mp4, and the other is to put a box over the place where the playbar is--but that only works if you have a solid color that you can cover it with. I used both solutions, and they are fine, but since gifs are larger than mp4s, it would be nice to have a hide the playbar option! (Also it seems there's no way to have a hyperlink to an email address in indesign interactive. Ridiculous!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“publish Online” is on the internet!! So you cannot stop downloading by people you give the link to. If it can be viewed it can be saved. It’s the same thing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in Indesign. "Publish Online" goes to your adobe dashboard where you have a link you can share with people you wish to give access to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can include an email link in, for example, a Publish Online document or an Interactive PDF.

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 08.05.50.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for your response! Even though I did exactly what you showed me, I still get an error message. An Adobe person contacted me about the error in the meantime, so I am waiting to see what he thinks the issue might be. The hyperlink worked fine on his computer, so it seems that there's something w/ the way my gmail is configured. Not sure if they can help me or not, but we'll see! Thank you again for responding to me all these times! It's nice to know in stressful situations there's someone out there who can help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020 0
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if you post the answer on here if you resolve the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend who is a senior systems enginer was kind enough to explain what's going on:

Clicking on the mailto: email address is not going to work for people who do not have an email client installed. For example, I use gmail, not outlook or other mail client, and therefore I get the same error as you. You should drive them to a web site contact page with an HTML form where they can contact you or see the phone number, but you should not publish the document as it is because you will disappoint 50% of the people who click it.

Disappointing!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm still wrapping up this piece, and we're having an issue on the ipad version with the buttons (but they're fine on mac & pc desktop). My current is event is "on release or tap," but I'm thinking I need to change the event to "click" instead. The issue is that I have a bizillion actions tied to the event b/c it's a really complicated page full of buttons and MSOs and interactive games and such. 

So is there ANY way to have the option of changing the Event without losing all the actions. (I totally understand why the default is to have nothing there--so that people can have one button with different events applied to that result in a different set of actions. But in this case, I don't want a separate event, I just want to change the drop down option under Event while keeping all the Actions. I was hoping there's a shortcut like holding down Option-Shift or something like that, but I can't find any mention of this on the net anywhere. Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0