• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Magazine

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an interactive magazine with video, sound, and then publishing online.  I have created a page on my website where people enter a password to view the interactive version of the magazine.  At this point the interactive magazine is free.  People subscribe to my mailing list to receive the password and every issue it changes and I send out the password.

I see a lot of services ISSUU, Forlen, etc that allow you to create interactive magazines.  I personally like the look of an actual magazine with video, links, and sound that you can flip through.  I prefer the look of creating an interactive version of my magazine in Indesign and publishing through Indesign.  Other than subscription services is there any advantage to paying into these programs to create an interactive magazine?  From what I  can see everyone is publishing video to youtube and linking. I don't see how video is any better in these services than placing/linking in Indesign?  

Are there any books/ resources where I can perfect interactive magazines for Indesign? For example, adding sound, video, etc and keeping the files small, etc. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Have a look through the Linkedin Learning online videos, there are tutorials on Publish Online, Premiere and Media Encoder – you can get 30-days free access.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Yes, you can have password protection on a page that contains the link to a Publish Online document. You can easily add all kinds of interactivity, directly from InDesign. Here are some examples, including some magazines: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look through the Linkedin Learning online videos, there are tutorials on Publish Online, Premiere and Media Encoder – you can get 30-days free access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will take a look Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multimedia will blow up the file size. There is no way to keep them small.

BTW, there's no way to password protect a publish online document. Anyone with the URL can access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already know that.  If I know the limits then I can create within Indesign.  It is a free magazine as I explained.  The password-protected page is only to encourage people to sign up for the mailing list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can have password protection on a page that contains the link to a Publish Online document. You can easily add all kinds of interactivity, directly from InDesign. Here are some examples, including some magazines: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I needed!  Thank You. I will be reviewing the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines