Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive pdf boxes are not interactive after exporting

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am working on creating an interactive pdf for my learners but when I save it as interactive pdf it doesn't work.  I can type in boxes , but when i click submit, it sends me a copy with empty boxes. 
I also tried sending an interavitve pdf by email to myself but the boxes are not interactive. 

I am working on creating some teaching materials before September and would like to upload them to google drive and Teams.
Can someone help please. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. 
thanks 
Monika
TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond Acrobat or Reader on a desktop this stuff is a crapshoot.

If you're putting it on the web anyway, why not just create a Google Form?

https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Bob said Interactive pdfs have a very limited constituency as far as pdf readers go. The default pdf readers for Mac or PC can't read their interactivity and only Acrobat 9 or above are designed to work. If you don't want to follow Bob's advice and use a Google Form you can always include a warning line "If your pdf reader can't read this form's interactivity then please download the free Acrobat Reader program from Adobe.com".

If the only intent of your pdf is to have live links you can use InDesign's Hyperlinks and save as a Print pdf. At the very least these can be read by even earlier versions of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines