• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF Button functionality

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am creating an interactive PDF. I am creating a background taht will cover up content, so ai have made the background a button, taht will "show" when triggered. On this background, I have another button that will reveal more content. However, if the user, after revealing the first background, misclicks trying to click the second reveal button, it deactivates. I suspect, this is because the background is a null button, but still "triggers". Is there a way around this?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Hi Jonathan,

I have made them with a mix of clear frames and making the items buttons. I was able to eliminate the complete reset by making one action on the background button reset, and the other an X to leave the revealed art (button) stay up if it had been clicked. It seems to work on the devices/machines I have tried it on.....so far.... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look alternatively, at FXL ePub and InDesign's Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing to these formarts has nothing to do with making an interactive popup that will work in  acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Derek, 

that is not how pop ups are made. Please watch this video so you can see the process for making popup from indesign using show and hide:

http://carijansen.com/creating-pop-window-pdf-adobe-indesign/

thanks

jonathan

[moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never have overlapping buttons that are visible at the same time. It is unpredictable which one will get clicks, and it is unpredictable which one is on top. Just because it's consistent for you today doesn't mean it will be in the future, or for other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create illusions.

make the first pop up do two things when clicked. Make itself disappear and make the new pop up appear. The new popup should visually look like first popup under the secon, get it?

smoke and mirrors 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried something similar. I made the blank background (button) actually do something: it both clears and and repopulates the reveal buttons. So, when I have 3 reveal buttons on the background button, each one reveals something new if clicked properly. Now, if the user misclicks and hits the background instead, rather than freezing, it simply clears the reveals and you get another chance at it. It isn't perfect. but seems to work better than everything freezing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you buttons independent clear frames? I find that works better versus making items in your layout buttons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

I have made them with a mix of clear frames and making the items buttons. I was able to eliminate the complete reset by making one action on the background button reset, and the other an X to leave the revealed art (button) stay up if it had been clicked. It seems to work on the devices/machines I have tried it on.....so far.... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figured it out. This line of work requires a lot of troubleshooting sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines