Highlighted

Interactive PDF buttons not work on export.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a doc where my buttons link to their designated bookmarks. All my buttons are setup the same, in the same document, the only difference is which pages they link to. I have redone this process twice, however, only 2 of the buttons don't work. All the others work perfectly, except 2 of them.

Any ideas on how to fix this? This isn't the first time I have output issues with the latest version of CC for InDesign.

Asking for a friend. 

Buttons linking to pages 9 & 10 are the issues, I've also shown a screenshot of a button that does work (page 7) which links fine.

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 14.15.54.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 14.16.12.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 14.19.53.png

   

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website.
Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons  like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interactive PDF buttons not work on export.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a doc where my buttons link to their designated bookmarks. All my buttons are setup the same, in the same document, the only difference is which pages they link to. I have redone this process twice, however, only 2 of the buttons don't work. All the others work perfectly, except 2 of them.

Any ideas on how to fix this? This isn't the first time I have output issues with the latest version of CC for InDesign.

Asking for a friend. 

Buttons linking to pages 9 & 10 are the issues, I've also shown a screenshot of a button that does work (page 7) which links fine.

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 14.15.54.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 14.16.12.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 14.19.53.png

   

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website.
Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons  like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek

The weird thing is that it works perfectly fine on all the others. It also works perfectly fine in all my other documents. It is literally just the 2 that doesn't work. With this latest version I have also had PDF output issues where a completely different spot colour shows up on output, but is nowhere to be found in my document.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling an earlier version to see if that helps. If not I'll need to try the hyperlink method.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hyperlinks seem to be the only solution. Thank you Derek.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 1