• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

interactive pdf causing pixelation

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, im creating interactive pdfs and they are exporting to a very low resolution. I have set dpi to 300 and have slected maximum quality. 

First photo attached is from indeisgn and the second is the file exported to interactive pdf 

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

A couple things:

If those are placed raster images, it is their actual resolution that's exporting, not the 300 ppi set in the Interactive PDF Export dialog. That is, export doesn't up-sample them.

If they are very small, and screen-resolution, the result isn't all that surprising. It takes a lot of pixels to render clean edges on a circle.

If better graphics aren't available, one fix I'd consider trying is just drawing an InDesign-native (vector) black-filled circle to position behind each

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple things:

If those are placed raster images, it is their actual resolution that's exporting, not the 300 ppi set in the Interactive PDF Export dialog. That is, export doesn't up-sample them.

If they are very small, and screen-resolution, the result isn't all that surprising. It takes a lot of pixels to render clean edges on a circle.

If better graphics aren't available, one fix I'd consider trying is just drawing an InDesign-native (vector) black-filled circle to position behind each icon to "supplement" its edges. (The white symbol on each icon looks satisfactory to me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines