Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF checkbox opacity problem

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on a project where I want to create an interactive pdf containing checkboxes.

The idea is that you have certain shape, and if you click it a checkmark will apear. If you click it again the checkmark should disappear. This is what you see below, so this is what it should look like:

1.jpg

So I created the blue 'off' shape by making a custom path with the pen tool. Then I selected this path, opened the interactive buttons and forms menu and set the type to 'checkbox'. In the appearance setting I selected the '[Normal on]' appearance and edited the checkmark to be white. I exported to a interactive pdf format. without changing any settings. When I open the pdf with either acrobat reader, chrome or edge, it seems that the checkbox works and is clickable. However, there seems to be a light blue box around the checkmark and the opacity seems to drop. See below, this is what I get:

3.jpg

Side note: at the moment that I click the shape, without clicking somewhere else in the document it looks like this:

2.jpg

So it looks like it works. But then when I click anywhere else it turns back to the state where the opacity lowers. This is of course not what I want...

Does anyone knows why this happens? Your help would be very much appreciated 🙂 Is it something I did wrong with setting the checkbox appearances? I don't see anywhere in the indesign document, also in the different appearance states, that the opacity or something is lowered. Could it be in the pdf export settings? I really don't know 😞 I would be helped a lot if I get this to work.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?