Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF embedded font

Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem that if I define a font for the interactive form fields in InDesign, this does not work.

The correct font is displayed locally when I type into the form. But if I open the PDF on another computer where the font is not installed, it is not displayed.

This even though the font is specified as embedded in Acrobat.

What can I do?

Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020
  • Not every font allows to be embedded or embedded completely and this is necessary.
  • Not every PDF viewer does recognize non-standard fonts in form fields.

I strongly recommend not to use  any non-standsrd font as above problems are experienced in a common way and because the WHOLE font must be embredded to be used in forms and this is increasing the file size in a huge amount.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Not every font allows to be embedded or embedded completely and this is necessary.
  • Not every PDF viewer does recognize non-standard fonts in form fields.

I strongly recommend not to use  any non-standsrd font as above problems are experienced in a common way and because the WHOLE font must be embredded to be used in forms and this is increasing the file size in a huge amount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved. But if the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can assist you.

If any of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, kindly mark the answer correct. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Willi_Adelberger's recommendation.

Font's are a nightmare with forms.

Best to just set the form fields to use Acrobat's default fonts in the form fields' Properties. This will pick up whatever font is on the user's computer and process just fine.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you found a workflow for this issue? I've been attempting to embed a font in an interactive PDF without any success. I would be grateful if you could provide some insights about it.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines