Highlighted

Interactive PDF embedded font

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem that if I define a font for the interactive form fields in InDesign, this does not work.

The correct font is displayed locally when I type into the form. But if I open the PDF on another computer where the font is not installed, it is not displayed.

This even though the font is specified as embedded in Acrobat.

What can I do?

Thanks a lot!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Willi Adelberger | Most Valuable Participant
  • Not every font allows to be embedded or embedded completely and this is necessary.
  • Not every PDF viewer does recognize non-standard fonts in form fields.

I strongly recommend not to use  any non-standsrd font as above problems are experienced in a common way and because the WHOLE font must be embredded to be used in forms and this is increasing the file size in a huge amount.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interactive PDF embedded font

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem that if I define a font for the interactive form fields in InDesign, this does not work.

The correct font is displayed locally when I type into the form. But if I open the PDF on another computer where the font is not installed, it is not displayed.

This even though the font is specified as embedded in Acrobat.

What can I do?

Thanks a lot!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Willi Adelberger | Most Valuable Participant
  • Not every font allows to be embedded or embedded completely and this is necessary.

I strongly recommend not to use  any non-standsrd font as above problems are experienced in a common way and because the WHOLE font must be embredded to be used in forms and this is increasing the file size in a huge amount.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved. But if the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can assist you.

If any of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, kindly mark the answer correct. 

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Willi_Adelberger's recommendation.

Font's are a nightmare with forms.

Best to just set the form fields to use Acrobat's default fonts in the form fields' Properties. This will pick up whatever font is on the user's computer and process just fine.

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0