Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF. Icons come to front when front "buttons" are revealed

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two challenges:

1. I have an interactive PDF i am creating using InDesign 2019 (ver 14.02 x64), with a few "click here to show/reveal this" use of buttons. When one of the button icons is clicked, and the reveal pops up, the two "button" icons which I have enabled on the page (which should be appearing now behind the pop-up reveal) are actually coming to the front of the page.  I have put this down to 'bugginess' of Interactive PDF viewing in Acrobat Reader DC (version 2020.006.20034), but it could be something i am doing wrong. i have attached the exported interactive PDF page where this is appearing. I have tried a number of things: deleting the icons and starting again (making them buttons again), grouping all the text boxes and buttons so they are one, making sure EVERYTHING is 'sent to back' and only the 'reveal' window 'brought to front'.

2. When a button is clicked (in the exported Interactive PDF, viewed in Acrobat DC), it becomes "highlighted" with a dotted line around the icon picture. Then when another icon is clicked and that click then shows another pop-up on that same page, the "highlighted" icon comes to the front and is visible, when it should be behind the pop up...

Help me obi-wan kenobi...

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use simple hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Derek. How do i use hyperlinks if the "reveal" is to appear as an image over the top of the page?

that image also has a "close" button on it so that the user can see the base content on the page. did you open the attachment?

Perhaps you could expand on your idea of how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multi-state buttons won't work on many devices.

Use InDesign's Publish Online, FXL ePub or in5 instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the enlightenment.

I have found a workaround. It isn't "just use simple hyperlinks". Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us your answer so we can all benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note, some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons   like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state object (MSOO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is definitely NOT the correct answer. 
it isn't the answer to my issue - for a start, the issue I had encountered was on a Laptop. Not an iPad or a tablet and thus this "answer" has absolutely nothing to do with my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines