Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF in Different languages

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day to you all, 

I am working on a big guide in Indesign. The thing is im trying to make it in different languages in different layers. Is ist possible to make a Interactive PDF were I can switch in languages by turning of layers or turning them on. 

Does annybody know if this is possible? 

Best wishes Jacob 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Hi Jacob,

good question. The functionality could be done in Acrobat Pro DC, I think.

But will very likely fail if the PDF reading software is not Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro on Mac OS X or Windows 10.

I would also look for a different format to present your guide to a broader audience so that you can include devices like iPads, smart phones, other tablets and reading software like web browsers. That all leads to HTML based formats.

If you still intend to use InDesign as authoring software fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Yes, but some of the work would need to be done in Acrobat. Here is a link to a sample PDF with basic instructions on page 2, and also a link to a deeper dive into the subject. As already mentioned, such a PDF probably won't work on a phone or ipad and the user would need to use Acrobat or Reader, so a web based solution might be a good alternative or complimentary option. You can add a message to your PDF, warning you to use Acrobat or Reader, that will only appear if the PDF is opened with a n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

good question. The functionality could be done in Acrobat Pro DC, I think.

But will very likely fail if the PDF reading software is not Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro on Mac OS X or Windows 10.

I would also look for a different format to present your guide to a broader audience so that you can include devices like iPads, smart phones, other tablets and reading software like web browsers. That all leads to HTML based formats.

If you still intend to use InDesign as authoring software for that I'd suggest looking into the in5 plug-in for InDesign by Ajar Productions: https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but some of the work would need to be done in Acrobat. Here is a link to a sample PDF with basic instructions on page 2, and also a link to a deeper dive into the subject. As already mentioned, such a PDF probably won't work on a phone or ipad and the user would need to use Acrobat or Reader, so a web based solution might be a good alternative or complimentary option. You can add a message to your PDF, warning you to use Acrobat or Reader, that will only appear if the PDF is opened with a non-compliant viewer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxb8t96bdo243qs/PDF_Buttons.pdf?dl=0

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/interactive-pdf-with-buttons-the-show-layers-independently-fr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines