• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

interactive pdf is not working

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an interactive PDF build in Indesign. In this document I have set up an 'darboard' image. The user of this PDF file should be able to select segments of this darboard and those have to switch in colour (and stay in that colour). For this I use the Indesign buttons and forms tool. I assumed I could apply the button function to every segment and get things done. But... 

1. The segments are round and in pdf it looks like randomly the outlines of the active field is visible as some kind of preview. How do I avert this?

2. The button tool has options 'normal - rollover - on click'. I need a segment to stay in the 'second' colour when selected/clicked on. Right now it looks like only the rollover stays visible and not the 'on clicked' colour. 

As this is a last minute job I really hope one of you have solutions for this problem OR another way to get the desired end result. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Use FXL ePub or InDesign's Publish Online, not Interactive PDF, which may not work as you hope on all devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Bear in mind, you can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) in an Interactive PDF as a hyperlink to another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use FXL ePub or InDesign's Publish Online, not Interactive PDF, which may not work as you hope on all devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice. My client wants/needs the forms to be in PDF and I myself don't have enough experience in the add on suggested by you + not enough time to get to know it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bear in mind, you can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) in an Interactive PDF as a hyperlink to another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will never get this to work successfully with a PDF. And it will take way more work than you can imagine to get this work anywhere. Buttons are always rectangular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines