• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF Issue with Chrome browser and EDGE browser

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing an issue with interactive PDF on different browsers. My PDF is working fine on Adobe Reader. However, on launching or opening the same PDF on the Chrome browser some of the buttons are not visible and the same buttons are visible on the EDGE browser but the buttons are not clickable. Please provide a solution.

Also, as a counter part I have tried to publish a PDF online, which redirects me to the Adobe online server and the PDF is running fine on that server, even on Chrome browser also. So, is there any way to publish my PDF on my client server?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Performance , Publish online , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

You can't normally control which PDF viewer the end-user might use and PDF readers vary in quality.

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the PDF document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

InDesign's Publish Onli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't normally control which PDF viewer the end-user might use and PDF readers vary in quality.

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the PDF document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

InDesign's Publish Online format is HTML5 and is hosted on Adobe's website; you can't host such documents yourself. Unlike PDF's, Publish Onlines documents created via InDesign can include roll-over buttons, animations and video and they can be read on any device with an HTML5 browser – Mac and Windows computers, tablets and smart phones.
You can also enable the Publsih Online document so that the end-user can download a (static) PDF version.

If you want an HTML5 document with those facilities, and to be able to be hosted on your client's website, have a look at in5; an InDesign plug-in at extra cost: https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

We want some solution so that the interactive PDF which works fine in Adobe reader should also work on browsers with all features. Are you saying it is not possible to get the same experience in Chrome or Edge which Adobe reader is giving?

Also the online pubish option is always hosted on Adobe server, why is is not possible to get the same version on our server. Client will never agree to host their confidential content on some other server insted of their own server.

- Sumit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to assure that. If you actually need to host interactive content out of InDesign then Derek's original recommendation of in5 is the best alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not publishing a PDF, you are using the publish online service. Interactive PDF is a crapshoot.

https://www.boblevine.us/its-okay-to-say-no-to-interactive-pdf/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate answer correct.

If you used any other method, please share it here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, I have just see your answer about the same issue that I experience using Adobe's Online publishing and Chrome (tried also on Iphone with the same issue. I posted my issue but I dont have any answer to solve the issue  https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/published-online-documents-left-right-browsing-keys-appears-...

The issue is that on mobile only devices control bar and arrows dissapear. 

The only browser I tried and its working was mi browser.

Could you help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue myself. it happens when a drop down button reveals other links.

It sound like the best course is to avoid the button states (.swf) altogether--just simple hyperlinks so they are also visible on ipads and iphones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob48, see my post on uservoice about the issue and vote for it. This is already declared as "bug".

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/33185776-publish-online...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines