Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF with buttons and mouseovers

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have problems creating an interactive PDF with buttons and mouseovers.

I would like to create an online catalog with an interactive register and mouseover on the side. When the mouse goes over the register buttons, the buttons should change the color.

When I test the interactive PDF in Acrobat, I always have the problem that the buttons don't work properly. Often several buttons are activated with the mouse, but then do not return to their original color. My colleagues have the same problem.

I created the buttons using the Buttons and Forms Library Panel (see image).

I am looking forward for your feedback and ideas.

Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Probably not the way to go with Interactive PDF for your catalogue: 

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

As an alternative have a look at InDesign's Publish Online

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably not the way to go with Interactive PDF for your catalogue: 

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

As an alternative have a look at InDesign's Publish Online or  in5 (an InDesign plug-in at extra cost): https://ajarproductions.com

Or consider producing your catalogie as a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines