• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the cessation of Flash, how do we create a file for interactive?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Simply use the interactive tools to place video and sound files.

Then export PDF using the interactive option.

Your resultant PDF file will have the video and/or sound files clickable for playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

If you need more advanced interactive features, your best bet is either a fixed-layout EPUB or use the In5 plugin. 

For fixed-layout, mobile devices usually have good readers; the Mac has iBook, which is also very good too. Oddly enough, Windows doesn't come with a good reader. For Windows, you can use a third-party reader such as Thorium Reader. (Adobe has the Adobe Digital Editions app, but based on the last time I used it, I would not recommend it for anything but basic EPUBs.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Why not use Publish Online? It's part of InDesign and you can do some really interesting things using just InDesign with Publish Online. Anyone with a browser can view it. Here are some good examples: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign still allows for embedding of .mp4 video and .mp3 sound files which will properly export to PDF using the “interactive” PDF option.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,

Can you please show me an example?  I have been trying to export a PDF booklet for interactivity and how I you play the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply use the interactive tools to place video and sound files.

Then export PDF using the interactive option.

Your resultant PDF file will have the video and/or sound files clickable for playing.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need more advanced interactive features, your best bet is either a fixed-layout EPUB or use the In5 plugin. 

For fixed-layout, mobile devices usually have good readers; the Mac has iBook, which is also very good too. Oddly enough, Windows doesn't come with a good reader. For Windows, you can use a third-party reader such as Thorium Reader. (Adobe has the Adobe Digital Editions app, but based on the last time I used it, I would not recommend it for anything but basic EPUBs.)

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why not use Publish Online? It's part of InDesign and you can do some really interesting things using just InDesign with Publish Online. Anyone with a browser can view it. Here are some good examples: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines