Highlighted

Interactive round button - different colour with each click

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm working on a form where there's a traffic light system to show the progress of certain jobs.

I need to make a round button which on first click is green to show the job is on track, second click is orange to show the job is on hold and the 3rd click is red to show it's off track.

Whatever colour the user chooses it must stay on that colour when the pdf is saved and closed but with the option to update it at a later stage.

I'm a total novice with buttons so any help is hugely appreciated.

TOPICS
How to, Publish online, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interactive round button - different colour with each click

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm working on a form where there's a traffic light system to show the progress of certain jobs.

I need to make a round button which on first click is green to show the job is on track, second click is orange to show the job is on hold and the 3rd click is red to show it's off track.

Whatever colour the user chooses it must stay on that colour when the pdf is saved and closed but with the option to update it at a later stage.

I'm a total novice with buttons so any help is hugely appreciated.

TOPICS
How to, Publish online, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you're producing an Interactive PDF document, you can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Colacube LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. Yes, I want to produce an interactive PDF.
On the pic below, in each empty "Q" field, I want the user to be able to click once for a green circle to appear, click once more for it to change to an orange circle, then click again for it to change to a red circle. Ideally, I'd like them to be able to continue clicking for each consecutive colour incase they make a mistake.

I don't need them to link to anything, they're only used as a reference to the progress key
There would be no rollovers, only clicks.

Plus, I'd need the pdf to retain the selections once saved and reopened.

Is this even possible?

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.24.13.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0