Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive table - is that possible?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

I am creating interactive PDFs with InDesign, works perfect and everything is fine. But...

Is there a way to make a table interactive? So that every field of a table is turned into an interactive text field? That would be very helpful...

The background: I create flyer and brochures with many tables about technical data (for example of motors) in english and I need to give them to a third person translating it to italian. Getting the finished translation, I copy it to InDesign to make the final document. For making this translation process easier, I turn all text fields into interactive fields, so that the italian translation can be done directly in the exported interactive PDF. But there area lot of tables. Turning a table into interactive, Indesign creates one big interactive field and doesn`t recognize each field of the table. 

For additional information: The person who translates for us is not working in our company and does not have InDesign. Just for the case someone was going to ask this 🙂 

I am thankful for every help and all ideas!

Katharina

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?