• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Text Fields

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to change the default interactive text field styling. My default is 12pt Minion Pro Regular and I would like to use 10pt Helvetica Regular throughout my 30 page document without having to apply this to each text field individually.  Also is it possible to save the styling so it can be applied to other text fields (so only the name of the field will then to be changed)?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

The process is you use InDesign to lay out your form where you can use all the design facilities and features that come with InDesign and then fine-tune the form in Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the font, size, colour and alignment in the text form fields in Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. At present I do all the interactive stage of my document design in Acrobat. I was just wondering if there was any advantage to me doing this in InDesign but it seems to have limitiations in certain areas such as formatting, also when using date, number and percentage fields. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process is you use InDesign to lay out your form where you can use all the design facilities and features that come with InDesign and then fine-tune the form in Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is it possible to change the default interactive text field styling. My default is 12pt Minion Pro Regular and I would like to use 10pt Helvetica Regular…"

You could set your styling once and duplicate the form field.

Saving styling: Not what you want exactly, but you may try to add the form field itself to an InDesign library file, export as snippet file or add as asset to a CC Library.

FWIW: You tagged your post with "Publish online".

Form fileds like text fields will not work with Publish Online.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you would benefit from my FormMaker Pro (free for short forms): https://www.id-extras.com/products/formmaker/

It lets you do pretty much everything in InDesign: Text styling and default text, alignment, and field formatting (dates, validation, calculations, etc.)

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines