Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive text

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm a new user of InDesign (on the Mac) and am trying to get to grips with putting together an interactive training document for a friend.

I have managed to get animations and MSO's and embed videos etc into my document which I then can publish online. The problem I have is that one section of my document requires the end user to fill in a form and use multiple choice buttons and then send these back to the originator.

I have been able to work out how to incorporate these forms as a stand alone interactive pdf, but the rest of the document won’t work as a pdf because then the animations and videos won’t work. I’ve ended up with 90% of the document that needs to be published online and the rest which will only work as an ipdf and no idea how to incorporate both within one document.

Do you know of a video that might cover this particular aspect of InDesign or perhaps know of a resource that might cover it? Am I missing something obvious and is there a simple way around this problem?

Hopefully you can shine a light on this issue for me.

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020
Post the form online and include a link to it in the publish online document.

Note that the form may or may not work in a browser or any third party reader application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the form online and include a link to it in the publish online document.

Note that the form may or may not work in a browser or any third party reader application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your swift reply. I'll certainly try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could consider using In5 instead of Publish Online and adding a Google form to your InDesign document. Justin Morrtimer of in5 producer of the InDesign plug-in https://ajarproductions.com) describes how:

https://ajar.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/26000031043-how-to-include-a-submittable-form-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Derek. I'll check out those links you have attached. The In5 product has been cropping up in various posts, though I was looking for a solution which didn't require further investment in software as I have already commited a lot for Creative Cloud software.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard, 

I hope your issue has been resolved. But if the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can assist you.

If any of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, kindly mark the answer correct. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines