• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interior bleed being added to InDesign book files when saved as a PDF

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several InDesign documents saved in a book file. Each document has been setup with .125" bleeds on the top, bottom, and outside, with the interior bleed 0. When I export the book file to a PDF/X-1a:2001 with "Use document bleed settings" selected (and the document bleed setting show up correctly in the PDF dialog box), when I open the pdf, it's added a .125" bleed to interior. If I don't select "Use document bleed settings" and put in the bleeds on the top, bottom, and outside manually, while leaving the interior bleed 0, the PDF saves the bleeds correctly. Is this a bug when saving InDesign book files? I ask because when I save an individual InDesign doucment and select "Use document bleed settings," it saves it with the correct bleeds in the PDF. 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Hi Michelle,

yes, that could be a bug. What's your exact version of InDesign on what operating system?

You should report that issue at InDesign UserVoice under the bugs section:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Provide a good discription of the bug, a minimal sample of files to download and a link to this discussion here.

Make sure you come back here and post the link to the report so that everyone reading this here can vote for a fix.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michelle,

yes, that could be a bug. What's your exact version of InDesign on what operating system?

You should report that issue at InDesign UserVoice under the bugs section:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Provide a good discription of the bug, a minimal sample of files to download and a link to this discussion here.

Make sure you come back here and post the link to the report so that everyone reading this here can vote for a fix.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines