• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invisible corners

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to InDesign, though many years ago I studied Publisher fairly thouroughly, and a lot of the functionality seems to be the same.

I'm trying to insert a beveled corner inside a text frame, and though it shows up in pale blue on screen, when it prints out, it doesn't show. I've tried to adjust stroke, but that seems to be affecting the outline around the frame rather than the corners. Any suggestions?
I'm using Windows CC 2019

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue is the frame edge. It shows because you have Show Frame Edges on. It is blue because that is the colour for the layer the frame is on. The colour is so you can tell at a glance what layer an object is on. The fill and stroke are set to paper, which is white, so the fill and stroke don't show.Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 11.09.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your stroke is set to white. Try changing it to black or some other color
Screenshot 2019-09-26 14.11.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks to you both - fixed it and a couple of other elements that were bugging me in the process. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines