• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Irish adobe phone sites can not be contacted

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new PC and was transferring my In Design package to it but Adobe will not accept my reg no. They say I can get this rectified by telephone but both freephone and Paypne Irish numbers listed can not be contacted by the phone co. I have transferreed other products to this Pc without difficulty. I have used Adobe products for years and am a good customer

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by transferred? Are you subscribed to Creative Cloud and logged into it with the correct Adobe ID? Please let us know the exact error you get and what steps you follow only then can we give meaningful suggestions

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not interested in Creative Cloud just interested in installing my In Design disk on my new PC which is beside my old PC. My  Adobe identification is in my initial registration number. All other Software Companies allow this. I do not want to be charged again for a license I have already paid for. I am a retired journalist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no perpetually licensed version of InDesign that will be supported under any new Windows or Mac operating system. That out of the way, what version of InDesign are you trying to install and what is the operating system version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob

I was trying to install CS3 on Windows 10, which they all say cannot be done.

I have re-loaded a whole suite of other software without difficulty.

I have used Adobe for years and even taken courses, I feel a bit gutted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got well over 10 years out of that purchase. You can rent InDesign on a month to month basis or look for an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you think you need to provide more information like what is the version of InDesign, what exactly is the error etc. If it's CS3 then it's a dead product you can't activate it, another issue could be that you are installing on a OS version not compatible with the InDesign version you are trying to install. So far with the guessing, for better response provide more info

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its not about the license, its more about if you can even run that software on the new computer.

What version of indesign are you trying to install, and what are the specs of that new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like CS 3 cannot be loaded on Windows 10?

Can you please advise if updates are available and if an Adobe

query telephone is still available in Ireland.

Thanks for your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't matter. No way that will install and activate on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's curious how some people are happy to spend money on hardware, such as a new computer, but seem to resent paying for the software to run on it.

Those who only use InDesign occasionally can pay a bit more and pay just for the month(s) they need to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for helpful comments Derek. you have no idea about life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whatever the opinions, CS3 cannot be activated any more, and is useless. This is not about transferring software, but because Adobe turned off the servers needed to activate it. I don't say this is a good thing, but it is as well to know what the real problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines