• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Duplicate by Alt + Drag Page gone?

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to duplicate a page by Alt+Drag page but now it is not working.

This had the advantage of being able to chose wher to place it (i.e. now going to the end of the page)

Why?

N

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to Alt+Drag (Option+Drag) in the Pages panel, yes. Duplication still works for me in latest veesion of InDesign on a Mac. But, if you don't want this duplicate at the end of the layout, after you see the + mark, drag back toward the page you want the duplicate to follow until you see an insert. Then if you let go of your mouse it will insert where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that is exactly how it used to work... but it doesn't any longer. After the + mark appears and you drag back the plus mark disappears and, more importantly, it does not duplicate [I can't remember if the + mark disappears when it is working].   

Any other ideas? Any setting that may have been changed?

Thanks, N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff Witchel, ACI 

Hi Jeff,

Is there a way to have support directly from adobe on this? The current file I am working on is only a dozen pages or so but in larger files this is going to be super unpractical. 

Thanks, N 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working as it always has here too in my copy running in Windows.

This type of misbehavior can often be cleared up by resetting preferences. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John Mensinger 

Thank you for the suggestion and apologies for asking you what is probably very obvious... how do I reset the preferences?

Thanks, N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jeff Witchel, ACI and @John Mensinger ,

Sorry, I took a bit of time since I had a deadline and was not totally sure what resetting would envolve. 

I have now tried resetting the preferences but the problem persists. It makes it worse when working with Alternate Layouts since it puts the new page at the end of the Last alternate Layout.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you posssibly post a video of what is happening when you Alt+Drag your page in the Pages panel?

This could be very helpful and you can possibly avoid more drastic steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it goes:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably try Uninstalling: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

Use the Cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Scroll down the page to "How to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool."

Then Reinstall InDesign in your Creative Cloud desktop app window.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff, @Jeff Witchel, ACI 

reading the links it is not imeadialy clear if this is going ot Uninstall and Clean only InDesign or all Adobe Apps.

Is it only InDesign?

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines