• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the White Border when I export to PDF helpful when the file goes to print?

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting a document, and when I set it to have bleed marks and document bleed settings, there is a white border around the .pdf when previewing it. Is this needed? I already designed my file into the bleed on the document, so is this extra white space necessary on my export?

Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

I could better answer you if you had us provided with a screen shot, so I describe what to do, when you set up a document:

1. Document size must be the size of the paper after cutting. It must not include bleed.
  2. Bleed is added on each side.
  3. All content which goes to the edge of the final page must be extended to the bleed.
  4. If you export your  document without registration marks, as it is normal today, no white frame should be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could better answer you if you had us provided with a screen shot, so I describe what to do, when you set up a document:

1. Document size must be the size of the paper after cutting. It must not include bleed.
  2. Bleed is added on each side.
  3. All content which goes to the edge of the final page must be extended to the bleed.
  4. If you export your  document without registration marks, as it is normal today, no white frame should be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problume 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Dalyah23781012bobx ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the steps shared on this similar discussion and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines