• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a script or a way to toggle Collapse Multiple Links... in Links Panel options?

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a script or a way to toggle Collapse Multiple Links... in Links Panel options? I use a keyboard shortcut to bring up the panel options but I thought there may be a preference that could be scripted as a toggle. Any Ideas?

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Hi,

I also see no way.

There is no menu action for that option that a script could check or uncheck.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Hm, I was thinking about a workaround…

What could work:

Save a workspace with "Collapse Multiple Links" checked and another workspace with "Collapse Multiple Links" unchecked.

[1] A script could check what's the active workspace.

[2] It even can reset the active workspace.

[3] And it can apply a workspace if the name is known.

[1] and [2] require custom functions that are not available in the ExtendScript DOM.

For [3] one can use app.applyWorkspace() where the name of the workspace must be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

This is a great idea. Thanks. Here is what I did. I made a workspace with links collapsed and another without. I then assigned a keyboard shortcut to load each workspace. It takes a couple of seconds to load but is what I needed. Thanks for the workspace idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t think so. You can open the Links panel’s Panel Options... dialog via a script but there’s not a way to toggle the check boxes once the options dialog is open. With AppleScript it might be possible to use System Events to toggle the checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thank you for checking. I will look into possibly apple scripting something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you hold down alt or ctrl or cmd (one of the modifier keys) when clicking the down arrow it auto collapses all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CMD key will collapse/un-collapse all the links list but this is not what I need. I need to be able to see the images per page in the links panel and then collapse to update them at one time. If the collapse checkbox was on the panel face or in the drop-down menu to add a keyboard shortcut that would be perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate on what you're doing - I don't see any advantage of having this. 

Just wondering, if you could up the images on layer relating to each page would that work?

So a script could sort pages and perhaps put images in that layer relating to that page?

Then your layers panel would show only the images on that layer per page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also see no way.

There is no menu action for that option that a script could check or uncheck.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thank you for checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I was thinking about a workaround…

What could work:

Save a workspace with "Collapse Multiple Links" checked and another workspace with "Collapse Multiple Links" unchecked.

[1] A script could check what's the active workspace.

[2] It even can reset the active workspace.

[3] And it can apply a workspace if the name is known.

[1] and [2] require custom functions that are not available in the ExtendScript DOM.

For [3] one can use app.applyWorkspace() where the name of the workspace must be given as argument.

One could assign a keyboard shortcut to that script, if it is available in the Scripts panel.

Did not write that script yet. But if you are interested contact me by Private Message through the forum.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a great idea. Thanks. Here is what I did. I made a workspace with links collapsed and another without. I then assigned a keyboard shortcut to load each workspace. It takes a couple of seconds to load but is what I needed. Thanks for the workspace idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines