Highlighted

Is there a tool to create flipping books?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for a tool/app/software to create a flipping book.

I created my book in inDesign and was advised to save it as .epub but I was unable to open it. Also, I wanted to be able to open the final book as a pdf, as I need to send it to clients (they don't have fancy software usually).

There are some flipping books that open with Adobe Flash player and look like interactive books. This is what I'm after Make an eBook (fixed layout EPUB) using Adobe InDesign without writing code | Adobe InDesign CC tuto...

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

[Moved from the general, non-support Forum Lounge​ to a more product-specific support forum - Mod]

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Is there a tool to create flipping books?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for a tool/app/software to create a flipping book.

I created my book in inDesign and was advised to save it as .epub but I was unable to open it. Also, I wanted to be able to open the final book as a pdf, as I need to send it to clients (they don't have fancy software usually).

There are some flipping books that open with Adobe Flash player and look like interactive books. This is what I'm after Make an eBook (fixed layout EPUB) using Adobe InDesign without writing code | Adobe InDesign CC tuto...

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

[Moved from the general, non-support Forum Lounge​ to a more product-specific support forum - Mod]

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Jul 06, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily create flipping pages from a PDF produced from InDesign using this and similar software:

Free HTML5 Flip Book Maker; Interactive HTML5 Digital Publishing Platform for Magazines, Catalogs, a...

Translate

Translate

Jul 06, 2016 1
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Im new to InDesign. Is this online Flip book Maker as you explained above the only way one can create the flipping pg book/ magazines look?

Translate

Translate

Jun 07, 2017 0
Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of solutions, though the flip book approach I mentioned is considered by many rather passé nowadays.

What kind of content are you featuring?

Translate

Translate

Jun 07, 2017 1
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Derek Cross, you mentioned previously that flipping books are considered passe by some now. What is the next trend for pdf display?

Translate

Translate

Apr 17, 2019 0
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of digital formats for publications, such as PDF, FXL ePub, Reflowable ePub, InDesign’s Publish Online, mobi, Apple iBooks and web apps. Each format has advantages (features) and disadvantages - none is perfect for every use, you need to decide which is best for your particular purpose and maybe offer your publications in more than one format.

(The flip book feature sounds good, but it seems to become irritating for the user after using it for a bit - it’s not used so much these days, and in that sense it’s passé.)

Translate

Translate

Apr 17, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As wrote Derek Cross, there are a lot of solutions to create a flipping book. I suggest you have a sneak pik to CircularFLO https://www.circularflo.com/  it works very well with InDesign and could be a first step in the digital publishing world.  😉

Translate

Translate

Jul 06, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CircularFlo is excellent but it’s not free and it’s Mac Only.

Translate

Translate

Jul 06, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use flipsnack.com as well for this. I've been using it for some time, and they have a free version.

Translate

Translate

Dec 14, 2017 0
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I great options is In5 - indesign plugin with many options to export. And flippages is one that

See their site - Export HTML5 from InDesign with in5 - Home

Translate

Translate

Dec 21, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the most exciting effect in the world for a publication, but clients seem to like it and keep asking for it.  Is there any reason why html5 flipbooks are not a feature in InDesign??

Translate

Translate

Apr 02, 2018 3