• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to autoflow text only to one side of a spread?

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

basically it is a dual language book-

so an english translation is opposite the main text.

the right side of the spread is the main text

the left side of the spread is the translation text

can i autoflow the right side of the spread only to the right side of the following spreads- and the same for the left - only autoflow to the left side of the spreads?

so i dont have to do it manually?

or is this not possible 

thank you

-j

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Yes, you can. Go to the master page and create a text frame on each page of the master spread. If you wanted the text to flow through both pages on each spread, you would need to click the out-port of the left frame and click into the right frame so that they are part of a chain. Since you don't want to do that, just keep each text frame independent of the other. Now, when you place your text, hold down the Shift key and click right into the center of the first document page, and all of the text

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can. Go to the master page and create a text frame on each page of the master spread. If you wanted the text to flow through both pages on each spread, you would need to click the out-port of the left frame and click into the right frame so that they are part of a chain. Since you don't want to do that, just keep each text frame independent of the other. Now, when you place your text, hold down the Shift key and click right into the center of the first document page, and all of the text will flow into the right-sided document pages, leaving the left-sided pages blank. You can place the text of the other language on document-page two the same way, and all of that text will only be on left-sided pages. Here's a screen shot where I changed the color of one text chain to illustrate a different language.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.45.14 PM.png

I hope that's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i can credit you on my site once the book is finished

much appreciated !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines