• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to locate all the objects in a document that are not anchored to text?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to locate all objects in a document that are not anchored to text, so I can quickly find these objects and anchor them

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that this does the exact opposite of what you want but could it still help?

combo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.
It's good to know that option is there but it doesn't quite help me in this specific situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a script for that.

And you need to be more specific about what you call an "object". Graphic Frames ?

You can ask the scripting forum if such a script already exists or if someone can help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like it can be scripted, but make sure to ask a very specific question.

You cannot have "all" objects in a document anchored inside text, because of the (obvious, really) reason that the text itself always must resides inside a text frame which is an object in itself and so it should be then anchored inside yet another text frame, and so on … That'd be Text frames all the way up, to paraphrase Terry Pratchett.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines