Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an option to embed graphics by default

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helle everyone,

I'm working on some files for work and I have to embed all images I post. And I was wondering if there is an option to embed all the files I place automaticly?

Sincerly, DSisDS

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DSisDS,

I'd like to know some background. Why do you have to embed all images?

Ususally that's no good idea, because it will bloat the size of your InDesign document file and could lead to a point where you are not able to open the document again if the file size extends a distinct amount of complexity and size.

You could simply select all links in the Links panel and embed the selected links with the command that you find in the context menu.

FWIW: There is no import option for embedding when you place images.

One could write a script that would do the embedding automatically after or while placing.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would strongly recommend not to embed all links by default! It is the main cause for corrupted files. Leave them as link, make a package, but not embedding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines